List Of Nigerians-Americans in the field of Medicine, Science and Engineering.List Of Nigerians-Americans in the field of Medicine, Science and Engineering.
1. Ilesanmi Adesida (Electrical Engineer): Ilesanmi Adesina is a Physicist, who is of a Yoruba descendant in Nigeria. He is a Professor emeritus in Engineering at the University of Illinois.Prof Adesida is an expert in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nano-meter scale level. He has published over 350 referenced papers, has presented over 250 papers at international conferences, and has written many book chapters.
2. John Agwunnobi ( Pediatrician): Born to a Nigerian Father of an Igbo descendant and a Scottish mother. He received his medical training at the University of Jos, where his father was a professor of medicine. He has served as vice-chair of the United States African Development Foundation.
3. John Dabiri (Aerospace Engineer): John Dabiri is a Nigerian-American aeronautics engineer and the Centennial Chair Professor at the California Institute of Technology. He is the director of the Biological Propulsion Laboratory, which examines fluid transport with applications in aquatic locomotion, as well as applying theoretical methods.
4. Segun Dawodu (Medical Practitioner and Entrepreneur): Segun Dawodu is a graduate of medicine from University of Ibadan. He has been a major contributor to the peer-reviewed articles on the diagnosis and management of Spinal Cord Injury, Cauda Equina and Conus Medullaris Syndromes, traumatic Brain Injury, and chapter in Comprehensive Pain Management in the Rehabilitation Patient.
5. Philip Emeagwali (Computer Scientist): Emeagwali received the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize for an application of the CM-2 massively-parallel computer. The application used computation fluid dynamics oil-reservoir modeling. He was applauded by Bill Clinton as a Nigerian who can achieve anything as long as there is an opportunity.
6. Bisi Ezerioha (Automotive Engineer ): He is the current CEO and Chief Engineer for Bisimoto Engineering. He is also is involved in import drag racing. He obtained his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Chemical Engineering and Engineering Management respectively from California State University.
No replies added here yet.